“How?” is an often forgotten word. We ask “what?” all the time. What do you do? What are going to do? What ideas do you have? “What?” is pretty common.
“Where?” certainly gets it’s time in the spot light. Everyone loves “where?”. Where do you want to meet? Where is the party? Where are we going to do this? “Where?” is loved.
“How?” on the other hand is treated like the red-headed step child. I don’t think we like “how?” very much. “How?” isn’t asked as often. “How?” doesn’t get much board room play. “How?” seems to always be left for later.
“How?” should get more play. “How?” holds us accountable. “How?” is an ACTION word. Without “how?” nothing gets done.
- How are you going to do that?
- How are going to find the new employee?
- How are you going to implement the new sales process?
- How are you going to save for your dream trip?
- How are you going to find your next customer?
- How are you going to build the pipeline?
- How are you going to build a good marriage?
- How are you going to raise your kids?
- How are you going to get that house on the beach you’ve always wanted?
- How are you going to grow revenue by 20%?
- How are you going to make quota this month?
- How are you going to lose weight?
- How . . .
“How?” is that nagging little word that get’s everything going. Maybe, that’s why we don’t use it as much as the others. Because, once we do, we actually have to do something. Hmmm!